Career Firefighter/Paramedic Hiring Process
- Download, complete and mail Application to:
Lockwood Fire Department
501 Johnson Lane
Billings, MT 59101
- Application must be received before 5pm on August 30th 2019.
- Selected applicants will be scheduled for at least one interview.
- Conditional job offer is then presented. Conditions of hire will include Background check, Physical and physical agility test.
Requirements Before Interview
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Current NREMT Paramedic or Montana EMT-Paramedic certification or currently enrolled in a Paramedic program with completion expected within 3 months of employment.
Eligibility for Employment Will Require Candidate To:
- Meet minimum health and physical qualifications as established by the Lockwood Fire Department referencing NFPA 1582 Standard on Comprehensive Occupational Medical Program for Fire Departments.
- Pass a physical from a licensed physician of the Lockwood Fire Districts choosing (paid by district).
- Demonstrate the ability and skills needed to perform as a Firefighter/Paramedic. Or a current certification from a (CPAT) Candidate Physical Ability Test will also be accepted as proof of physical ability.
- A current valid driver’s license, having been licensed for a minimum of two years, and insurable by the Fire District’s insurer. A Montana Driver’s License must be obtained within 3 months of hiring.
- Schedule– work 24 hours on and 48 hours off with 2 Kelly days inside a 9 shift rotation. This can mean an excellent quality of life with plenty of time off.
- Paid Vacation– 8 shifts off per year.
- Benefits– Full medical benefits including dental and vision. No premiums for employees.
- Competitive Pay– with opportunities for advancement.
- Education Incentives.
- Pension– FURS is one of the best pensions in the state with retirement eligibility at age 50 or 20 years of service.
- Firehouse– Constructed in 2015, the Lockwood Fire Station is equipped with modern facilities and private sleeping quarters.
- Equipment– We take pride in keeping our gear, vehicles and equipment updated and ready for critical missions.
- Diverse Calls– Lockwood fire is an ALS transporting department. We also respond to structure fires, wild land fires, hazardous materials incidents, vehicle extrication, river rescues, rope rescues and more.
- Training Opportunities– Due to our wide variety of responses, training opportunities are virtually endless.